strcasecmp & strncasecmp, what's the story?

bobd at hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu bobd at hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu
Wed Mar 14 22:55:10 AEST 1990

I'm sorry if this one has been posted before, but I seem to be having a
constant problem with compiling PD C source on our SUNs.  Apparently, most
PD stuff expects you to have the string functions "strcasecmp" and
"strncasecmp".  I look in /usr/include/strings.h and they are not there.
But, if I look at the man page for say "strcat", they are listed.  What
gives???

Please reply directly to my e-mail address as I doubt most folks are
interested in this.

Bob DeBula                    | Internet:   bobd at hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu