Help requested for writing a Z-8530 SCC driver

Robert Allen Woodburn woody at saic.com
Wed Mar 14 06:48:09 AEST 1990

Actually I would like to get some direction on NOT writing a device
driver.  I seem to be getting lost in the documentation and am having a
hard time finding the right place to start.

It appears that the zs driver does not support synchronous communication,
even though the board does.  Does anyone have experience with writing such
a driver, or configuring a serial port to do things like wait for a sync
character and enable/disable the 8350's CRC?