Array processing on Sun-4

David Small daves at ee.ubc.ca
Sat Mar 17 06:09:00 AEST 1990

I am interested in getting some information on array processing solutions
for Sun systems, for use with synthetic aperture radar (SAR) work.

In particular, I would like to be able to process 1-D signals as well as
2-D images.  That requirement may discourage the use of the image-oriented
datacube.

A TAAC is a possibility, but I have heard that its price/performance is
not the best -- it *is* rather old, and a new product may soon "obsolete"
it.

Any pointers to other array processing solutions, or other opinions on the
TAAC or datacube would be appreciated.

We will have a lab of four colour and ten monochrome SPARCstation 1's,
hooked up to a SPARCserver 370.

Dave Small;    EE Dept, UBC; 2356 Main Mall; Vancouver, BC; V6T 1W5 Canada
daves at ee.ubc.ca                               uunet!ubc-cs!ee.ubc.ca!daves