Problem about showmount

Tommy Hsieh cadence!yhsieh at uunet.uu.net
Mon Mar 19 15:20:13 AEST 1990

I have a question about 'showmount'.  What kind of result I should get
from the showmount ?  The following result I got after I type
/usr/etc/showmount :

129.0.100.94
129.0.152.121
cds1009
cds1010
cds1051
cds1055
cds1090
cds1098
cds916
cds94

The interesting thing is that 129.0.100.94 is the address of cds94 and
129.0.152.121 is the address of cds916.   I think showmount should just
list the hostnames not the IP addresses.  Am I right ?  Is this a bug of
SunOS4.0.3 ?  Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

I    Tommy Hsieh              I    Cadence Design System, Inc.     I
I    yhsieh at cadence.com       I    3393 Octavius Drive             I
I    (408) 987-5285           I    Santa Clara, CA 95054-3082      I