Looking for a good source of time on the net.

pml at cacs.usl.edu pml at cacs.usl.edu
Thu Mar 22 00:17:33 AEST 1990

[[Ed's Note: About 2 dozen people sent in replies along this vein, so
my apologies to those of you whose articles were not printed. -bdg]]

There is a standard network protocol defined and tools available to do
this.  The programs are based on NTP (Network Time Protocol). I know of
two version which run on suns: ntp and xntp. Both are available via
anonymous ftp from trantor.umd.edu 128.8.10.14 I have installed and used
both.

patrick
pml at cacs.usl.edu