Recommend repair/support for Sun 2,3?

amillar at cup.portal.com amillar at cup.portal.com
Sat Mar 17 09:23:44 AEST 1990

I need a recommendation for hardware repair and hardware/software
consulting for Sun Unix systems.

My department has inherited support for four Sun workstations.  We are new
to Suns and Unix.  We need a workstation repaired, assistance in setting
up another one, and general advice on configuration and procedures.

We have two Sun 3's and two Sun 2s.  One Sun 2 has a dead disk drive, and
the other Sun 2 is supposed to boot off the first, so both are out of
commission.  One Sun 3 is new (to us) and we need it networked with the
others.

What is the best course of action?  Should I call Sun directly and have
them come fix us?  Should I use an independent consultant/guru?  Some
other third-party firm?