Wierd Sun 4 crashes

Peter Steele aucs!peter at cs.utexas.edu
Sat Mar 17 00:35:51 AEST 1990

We've been getting numerous crashes on our Sun-4/280 and our Sun dealer
here hasn't been able to solve the problem. The console reports a "BAD
TRAP" followed by errors such as "data fault", "text fault", and "memory
alignment error". The system usually reboots itself but not always. So far
we replaced three boards, including the CPU, memory, and ethernet boards.
Has anyone out there ever seen this type of crash and knows what the root
of the problem is?

Peter Steele, Microcomputer Applications Analyst
Acadia University, Wolfville, NS, Canada B0P1X0 (902)542-2201x121
UUCP: {uunet|watmath|utai|garfield}!cs.dal.ca!aucs!Peter
BITNET: Peter at Acadia  Internet: Peter at AcadiaU.CA