panic: hat_unload -- pmg not kept (on 3/180 under SunOS 4.0.1) ??

Eric Ho eho at clarity.princeton.edu
Thu Mar 8 12:13:42 AEST 1990

Just wondering if anyone has seen this panic message before on a Sun-3/180
under OS 4.0.1 (or 4.0.3) or knows what it meant ?

	panic: hat_unload -- pmg not kept

I'm not sure if this is VM problem or it has to do with ntpd(8) but it
happens when I'm tar'ing over 5meg of stuff onto a local 1/2-inch tape
drive.  The 5meg of data is accessed via NFS (rw,noauto,soft,intr,bg).

I'm also running ntpd(8) at the time (I ran ntpd *without* modifying the
kernel though).

Eric Ho
Princeton University
eho at clarity.princeton.edu