Fortran on Sun Workstations

Shai Guday shum!shaig at jade.berkeley.edu
Sat Mar 17 00:20:54 AEST 1990

In article <5687 at brazos.Rice.edu> randy at chaos.unr.edu (Randy F. Hall) writes:
%
%We are thinking about buying some sun workstations. Our group is a bunch
%of physical chemists. Our main computer need is number crunching.  I heard
%a rumor that there was some serious problems with the fortran compiler for
%sun workstations?  Can anyone verify or unverify this rumor?

While I am not sure about the wisdom of purchasing a sun workstation for
number crunching needs, I have had a bit of experience in compiling
fortran applications on suns. I have compiled fidap, a package of approx.
15MB code with very little tweaking, dependent upon the exact
configuration of the site. Till date, I have not come across any problem
that could not be solved easily and quickly.