PHIGS: C language bindings?

Randy M. Rohrer rmr at mimsy.umd.edu
Tue Mar 6 06:23:33 AEST 1990

Does anybody out there know if there is currently an official "C" language
binding for PHIGS? SunPhigs includes a C language binding. However, the
latest Apollo Phigs (v. 1.1) still does not. Apollo Phigs does have a C
procedural interface that uses the FORTRAN style PHIGS language bindings.
My colleagues and I are currently developing PHIGS code in "C" that we
plan on running in both Sun and Apollo environments. If an official C
language binding does exist, we would like to make sure that we are
writing conforming code. In addition, if a standard exists, we would like
to convince Apollo to use it soon.

Any comments or direction would be appreciated.  What does Sun or Apollo
say?
                                 Randy Rohrer
                                 rmr at mimsy.umd.edu