Experiences with 4.1 beta ??

Eric Ho eho at clarity.princeton.edu
Sun Mar 11 18:15:21 AEST 1990

Just want to know what people feel about SunOS 4.1 beta (still ?) so far
in terms of basic system facilities (e.g. things like VM, nfsd, lockd,
yp/name-resolver, ALM, scsi, serial line, tapemaster & smd drivers).

I hope that this time Sun would really put serious resources (namely good
people) into this release though.  Personally, I rather prefer to have
basic system services *working* before they give us any new features -- I
mean what is the use of giving us Posix if they can't even give us
reliable/correctly-implemented VM, nfsd or lockd and users eventually
ended up with either a frequently-crashed system or unreliable system
services.

Eric Ho
Princeton University
eho at clarity.princeton.edu