play/record for SS1

bauer at cns.ucalgary.ca bauer at cns.ucalgary.ca
Sat Mar 24 06:06:04 AEST 1990

I grabbed Rich Gopstein's diffs to convert the sun-supplied sound.c demo
program to play.c - a standalone sound player, but found that it would not
allow me to do what I really wanted - play/record to stdin/stdout, etc.

I have therefore enclosed a uuencoded compressed tarfile containg source
and makefile for two programs, play and record.  These programs were
developed in part from the sound.c demo sources supplied by sun.  The
record and play volume can be set using command-line switches (the range
of volumes is identical to the sound demo program's), multiple sound files
can be played (i.e. play *.au) and sound can be played/recorded to
stdin/stdout (i.e. record -v15 | rsh machine play -v20 or for you deviant
types, rsh machine record -v15 | play -v20)

Mike Bauer (bauer at cns.ucalgary.ca)

[[Ed's Note: Placed in archives on Titan. -bdg]]

FTP:	Hostname : titan.rice.edu (128.42.1.30)
	Directory: sun-source
	Filename : ssaudio.tar.Z.uu

Archive Server Address: archive-server at rice.edu
Archive Server Command: send sun-source ssaudio.tar.Z.uu