Weird Things Have Been Happening Lately

David J. Camp david at wubios.wustl.edu
Fri Mar 2 08:07:07 AEST 1990

We have been having some weird things happening lately, and I would like
to know if anyone else has had similiar problems.  We do not know what the
cause is, but we did install a Sun patch tape for the DNI facility
recently.  We are going to deinstall that tape Friday to see if things
change.

1)  The sh program sometimes exits with 'Memory Fault'.  I have one
program that I can run for which this is reproducible.  Another user has a
program that was doing this for one day, but it stopped since then.

2)  I noticed that when I was compiling a program using cc, the changes
were not available to other sessions until 'sync' was run.  This has not
been failing when I tried to reproduce it.

3)  Our users have been getting each other's names on the burst page of
their printouts.  This is not reproducible.

I would like to hear from people who have been having similiar problems.
-David-

Bitnet:   david at wubios.wustl                ^      Mr. David J. Camp
Internet: david%wubios at wugate.wustl.edu   < * >    Box 8067, Biostatistics
uucp:     uunet!wugate!wubios!david         v      660 South Euclid
Washington University (314) 36-23635               Saint Louis, MO 63110