Sun Wren VI firmware

mr at racal-itd.co.uk mr at racal-itd.co.uk
Wed Mar 28 18:21:01 AEST 1990

I understand that the 699Mbyte SCSI disk that Sun is now shipping is
actually a Wren VI (I haven't touched one to find out). I have a rumour
that Sun have modified the firmware in these for some reason and are
keeping this firmware to themselves. I am about to purchase a small farm
of Wren VI to hang off SPARCstations and would appreciate any info on
whether Sun's changes are important (enough to warrant Sun's prices over
street prices).

Mail me and I'll gladly summarise back to the net. I need to know by the
end of the week.

uucp: mr at ritd.co.uk, uunet!ukc!ritd!mr