SIMM removal on Suns

apex!larrys at uunet.uu.net apex!larrys at uunet.uu.net
Thu Mar 29 03:42:55 AEST 1990

In article <6097 at brazos.Rice.edu> wagner at cadillac.siemens.com (Michael Wagner) writes:

>What are people's preferred ways of removing SIMM boards from Suns? I've

Over here we use a sharp pointed tool whose shaft is about 1/8 inch in
cross section and which has a right angle bend about 5/8 inch from the
pointed end.  Insert the point into the hole in either end of the SIMM and
gently pry out.  It is preferred that you have some sort of way to grab
firmly on to the shaft so as to turn the shaft and swing the pointed end
around, because of the clearance problem.  Do this gentle prying on each
end, then pull the SIMM out.  We have performed this action hundreds of
times with no failures.