Graphics on SUN3 or Sparc

Allan Adler ara at lom1.math.yale.edu
Wed Mar 21 04:01:49 AEST 1990

I would like to have a program which does the following:

* Lets me click opposite corners of a rectangle with the mouse and have a
  filled in rectangle appear.
* Lets me undo a rectangle if I decide I don't like it.
* Lets me produce an ascii file containing the corners of all the rectangles.
* Lets me click on opposite corners of a portion of the screen which I
  would like to be able to save and recall later in other sessions or to
  move around on the screen.
* Gives me pixel accuracy.
* Is free.

I am aware of things like curses but the resolution is not good enough.
There are also manuals on things like suntools and sunview but I find it
difficult to read them. Inevitably, I get bogged down in irrelevant and
incomprehensible details. I would also appreciate it if someone could tell
me whether what I want is in the capabilities of suntools or sunview and
if so, what exactly do I have to understand in the manual in order to
write such a program myself and what parts to read.

Allan Adler
ara at lom1.math.yale.edu