large documents in SunWrite

Sam Saal,1A-110,6956,Cap Gemini saal at floyd.ATT.COM
Thu Mar 22 05:26:56 AEST 1990

I asked a question the other day and got a lot of useful help.  Now I need
some more help with SunWrite.  Please send your comments directly to me as
I can't keep up with this newsgroup.

I am converting a large troff document into SunWrite under SunView and
don't understand how to handle a few of the issues associated with large
(well, ~80 pages) documents.

Can I create a table of contents?  If so, how? I don't see any references
to ToCs in the index.  I assume it has something to do with "collecting"
structured counters, but I don't see references to collecting these
counters in the index or ToC.

Can I create an index?  If so, how?

Can I link several files together so I don't have to edit a huge file at
once?  If so, how do I set up page numbers so the files work contiguously
without adjusting files n+1...N when I add or subtract a page in file n?

Am I using the wrong product?  I'm stuck with it for now, so these aren't
just academic RTFM questions.

Sam Saal         ...!{att}!floyd!saal
Vayiphtach HaShem et Peah HaAtone
Mishenichnas Adar, marbim b'simcha.