SUN ROM fonts---where?

John Kennedy cscihp!warlock at uunet.uu.net
Tue Mar 6 04:31:58 AEST 1990

In article <5480 at brazos.Rice.edu> elvis at athena.ee.msstate.edu (surfer) writes:
>I *need* to find the ROM address of a sparcstation-1gx's system font
>table.  I have an assignment which requires me to use this font to
>generate characters on a pixel-by-pixel basis.

If you don't mind using Pixrect calls, you can get all the information you
want about fonts.  If you're idea of the "system font" is just the font
you see when you're not running any kind of windowing software, it's just
a Pixrect font.  See the Pixrect reference manual (for 3/60 manuals, it's
bundled with SunCore and SunCGI).

John Kennedy              | uucp:     lampoon!warlock at csuchico.edu
CSCI Student	          | internet: warlock at csuchico.edu