Setting up Exabyte drive

cfisun!rich at uunet.uu.net cfisun!rich at uunet.uu.net
Sat May 19 05:16:22 AEST 1990

We just got our Exabyte 8200 system, and I have a few quick questions:

1) We plan on hooking it up to a 3/60 running SunOS 4.0.3, and I
   understand we should have no problems with the standard Sun kernal driver.
   The 3/60's kernal has support for st0 and st1; it also has a Micropolis
   1325 disk on sd0, and an HP 975 600MB drive on sd2.  How do I know which
   SCSI device# the tape drive is set to, or is this irrelevant with a tape
   device?  (There is no mention of the device number in the manufacturer's
   manual, and the distributor provided no manual - that's what we get for
   ordering a barebones $2700 tape drive :-)

2) Does the drive have a builtin SCSI terminator?  Do I not have to worry
   about this?

3) In short, can I just hook this thing up and try writing to st0 or st1?
   (I've saved all the net messages about blocking factors & such for dump
   and restore.)

Thanks for your help.
Rich Baughman		  rich at cfi.com OR ima!cfisun!rich
Price Waterhouse          Waltham, MA  617-899-6500