Writing packets to the STREAMS NIT ethernet interface

Lance Gay gay at venice.sedd.trw.com
Tue May 8 05:54:35 AEST 1990

I am trying to send some non-IP Ethernet packets from my SUN-3/80 running
SUNOS 4.1.  I am using the /dev/nit STREAMS driver package.  I have no
trouble reading packets -- the examples in the manual are pretty good.
However there are no examples of writing packets through this software.  I
do what the book says but no packets are actually sent.

Does anyone out there have some sample code which used STREAMS NIT for
writing packets?  I assume I am just not formatting the data correctly.

Lance Gay                                    Internet: gay at venice.sedd.trw.com
TRW Systems Engineering & Development Div.   Phone: 213-764-9292
Redondo Beach, CA  90278