Stroke Fonts in SunView

Fred Clauss fredc at umrisca.isc.umr.edu
Wed May 30 01:55:58 AEST 1990

I am working on a SunView application which uses a Canvas-type window and
would like to get some info before deciding how to implement text display.

My application uses an underlying real-coordinate system which is scaled
into the display canvas.  Any text which is displayed must also be scaled,
so I am forced into the awkward position of either creating a family of
pixfonts, since the stuff on my system does not seem to have a
wide-ranging family), or replacing pr_text and pw_text with my own
routines.  The text I need is simple line/circular-arc stroke type, so the
second option might not be too onerous, but could be a bit too slow.
Another possibility could be re-generating a pixfont-like structure every
time I zoom in or out.

I'm sure that additional packages such as SunGKS might make my this a
snap, but I'm really trying to build a lowest-common-denominator system,
not a high-end commercial one.

Fred Clauss                  INTERNET:  fredc at isc.umr.edu (preferred)
Intelligent Systems Center    		or flc at umree.ee.umr.edu
University of Missouri        UUNET:	{occrsh|sunarch}!umree!flc
Rolla, MO 65401		     BITNET:    S081192 at UMRVMA