DAT vs. Exabyte opinions

nathan at teleos.com nathan at teleos.com
Fri May 25 03:20:44 AEST 1990

I'm currently soliciting opinions on using 8mm Exabyte and 4mm DAT tapes
for backups on Suns.  If you are currently using such, or have useful
information on either type please drop me a note describing what you have
and your experiences with it.  Also any pointers to good
reviews/comparison article would be helpful.  I am particularly interested
in the pros and cons of the two formats.

Please send mail rather than posting!  I will summarize if volume or
interest warrant.

Thanks in advance,

Nathan Wilson
Teleos Research