X for Sparcstation 330 GXP???

wayne at tecnet1.jcte.jcs.mil wayne at tecnet1.jcte.jcs.mil
Fri May 25 22:58:58 AEST 1990

We are working on a research application that really needs the 24-bit
capability of the GXP board on a Sparcstation 330.  The researcher does
plan to program the board at the frame buffer level -- so software for the
application is not particularly a problem (although anything available
would be welcome).

Our problem is that it would be nice to use the screen for regular
workstation applications also -- and we understand that Sun does not
support either SunView or X on the GXP board.

Has anyone converted X to this board -- or done anything else that makes
this board more than an interesting novelty?

summarize responses for the net.  Thanks.