SPARCstation under $5,000 ?

rmk at snowhit.att.com rmk at snowhit.att.com
Sun May 6 21:28:34 AEST 1990

> The New York Times reported today (Saturday 5/5) that Sun will announce on
> May 15th a SPARC machine that lists for under $5,000.  The article said
> the machine would have no drives, so I take it it won't have a SCSI bus,
> and probably no SBus as well.

Our Sun account manager has leaked to me that this machine is diskless,
but does have a SCSI connector.  He described it as having the motherboard
of the 4/60 inside the monitor's case.  Only monochrome, initially.  He
did rule out it being an X terminal.  Sun deals in distributed processing
so they won't enter this market.

It will be interesting to see what it's capabilities are.

Richard Kurtz	(816)995-3204	rmk at snowhit.att.com