detecting the cg6 board

Randolf E. Klatt ittc!rklatt at uunet.uu.net
Wed May 30 03:03:47 AEST 1990

I am running the only SS1+/GX on the local network, which means that the
recently delivered copy of Aviator can only run stand-alone (since Aviator
seems to poll for the GX hardware directly as the code describes).

I also have a 3/260 with what I believe is a cgsix installed, but is now
running as a cgtwo - see startup message.

mcp0 at vme32d32 0x1000000 vec 0x8b
ie0 at obio 0xc0000 pri 3
cgtwo0 at vme24d16 0x400000 vec 0xa8
cgtwo0: Sun-3 color board, double buffered, fast read
root on xd0a fstype 4.2

The GENERIC kernel doesn't help as it only shows how to run a cgsix in a
3/60 (obmem 7). Needless to say aviator doesn't think this is the right
board to talk to.

Can someone tell me how to config it properly as a cgsix, and whether the
code would detect it as being such (under 4.0.3)? And, can a 3/260 run the
aviator demo at a reasonable speed?

Randolf Klatt
Westinghouse Electric
ittc!rklatt at uunet.uu.net
P.S. This is purley a spare-time pursuit, you understand...