MicroComm Q/V.32 Modems & UUCP on Sun 4/390 SunOS 4.0.3

ittc!fbresz at uunet.uu.net ittc!fbresz at uunet.uu.net
Fri May 25 14:27:46 AEST 1990

Has anyone managed to get this combination to work.  I have been beating
my brains out trying to get these items to work together.  I am trying to
call UUNET which has trailblazers and also a remote site which has an
identical modem.

Here is a full level 9 debug session connecting a SUN 4/390 with a SUN
3/260.  If anyone can decipher what problem I am having I will be
eternally gratefull.

P.S. The names/numbers have been changed to protect my innocent machine.
(pun intended)

Debug listing starts here.

	finds called
	getto called
	call: no. ******* for sys ******* Dial *******
	Using dialer type ACUHAYES
	dialing Hayes
	0\015ACU write ok
	10\015dcr returned as 5
	login called
	wanted "" got that
	send \r
	RETURN
	wanted ogin: 0\015\012\015\012\015\012 login:got that
	send *******
	wanted ssword:  *******\015\012Password:got that
	imsg >\215\ 12\ 20<
	Shere\  0imsg >exit code 15