Problem compiling CLX under Sun OS 4.1 on a Sparcstation 1+

John Polstra polstra!jdp at uunet.uu.net
Thu May 31 03:07:38 AEST 1990

In article <8187 at brazos.Rice.edu> gill!paul at uunet.uu.net (Paul Nordstrom)
writes:
> New to the SunOS 4.1 object file format there is some additional junk
> after the symbol table (possibly to support a browser or something,
> maybe?).  Anyway, this additional info is protected by a magic number,
> hence the error message "bad secondary magic number".

Bad news!  That probably means that ICON programs won't run under 4.1.
ICON (as I understand it) builds an OMAGIC executable and sticks the code
to be processed by the interpreter at the end of the executable file.

Has anybody tried running ICON programs under 4.1?

  John Polstra               jdp at polstra.uucp
  Polstra & Co., Inc.        practic!polstra!jdp at uunet.uu.net
  Seattle, Washington USA    ...{uunet,sun,pyramid}!practic!polstra!jdp
  (206) 932-6482