Upgrading to 4.1 ...

elroy dsinet!marka at hpubvwa.bellevue.nsr.hp.com
Thu May 31 07:11:31 AEST 1990

I'm currently running SunOS 3.5 on an 8mb 3/50 monochrome.  It's a pretty
nice little system, especially with the "X and Suntools on the same
display" trick.  I built the X11.3 distribution from the uunet tapes, and
I'm fairly happy with it.

Now along comes 4.1 (and finally some binders :).  My question to the net
is - is 4.1 going to break my X server?  Am I going to have to go out and
get Release 4, or can I simply re-compile my R3 sources?  Someone out
there must have been through this already, and I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

Mark Anacker				 msa at dsinet -or- msa at toybox
Digital Systems International, Inc.
Redmond, WA   USA    (206) 881-7544