sun-core or sun-phigs

Patrick Yuen patyuen at eecs.nwu.edu
Fri May 25 02:50:58 AEST 1990

I am currently using Sun-Core running under SUN OS 4.0, 3/60 with a
monochrome monitor.  Our project is to use the Sun-Core to draw two
circles (since sun-core doesn't support any draw circle function, I have
to generate pts by r cos theta and r sin theta) of different radius.(Using
retained segment).  Within these two circles, there willl be a small
moving circle generated by the same algorithm, retained segment too.  But
we have the following problems when using sun-core:

1. Whenever small circle touches the large circle, it will erase that part
   off the screen.
2. It is almost impossible to make the moving circle translate like
   real-time when using the function call(set_segment_translate) as it
   requires to erase and redraw everytime.  The image just 'blinks'(appear
   and disappear) across the screen.

Please advise me whether it is still possible to fix it.  Since we have
tried for a long time to fix the above problems and it seems that it
cannot be fixed.  So, we are planning to get the Sun-Phigs, but we are not
quite sure whether it will work or not!

If you have any suggestions, please direct suggestions to
patyuen at delta.eecs.nwu.edu

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Patrick Yuen