Basic questions about text items in Sunview

Charles Culmer culmer at grad1.cis.upenn.edu
Wed May 2 21:19:53 AEST 1990

I just started working on a Sun 3/60 with SunOS 4.0 and Sunview.  These
are really basic questions about Sunview.

I want to write some simple data entry screens with date fields.  Panel
text items seem like the way to go, but I don't see how to control the
caret.  I want the value of the text item always to have eight characters
like "00/00/00" and the caret to jump over the slashes.

(1) Can I control the caret in a text item?  (Is this explained in the
    documentation?  I haven't found it.)

(2) If I don't use text items, should I use a canvas for a data entry
    screen?

Charles W. Culmer
culmer at grad1.cis.upenn.edu        Truth, justice, and the Canadian way