Connecting a Sun server to Bitnet

Ender Ayanoglu ender at vax135.att.com
Thu May 24 04:23:58 AEST 1990

What is involved in getting a Bitnet connection up and running for a Sun
(Sparc) server? An organization I know is interested in doing that. They
are currently hooked up to Bitnet via another organization, and are using
some non-Sun machines for this purpose. However, they have some Suns, and
will be getting more. They would like to have these machines connected to
Bitnet. They were told to get some software (from UPenn, I think) and use
the TTYA/B outputs of the Suns. They did that, but it did not work (they
could not even get two Suns running this communication software talk to
each other). Help from an experienced system administrator will be much
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ender Ayanoglu
ender at boole.att.com