Openwindows 2.0 on two screens of sparcstation 1

Laurence R. Brothers quasar at bellcore.com
Sun Sep 2 04:27:19 AEST 1990

Exactly how does one manage this feat? I notice that I have a cgthree and
bwtwo framebuffer on my sparcstation-1 -- shouldn't there be some way to
run openwindows on both screens, one to the "left" of the other? I imagine
both devices use the same physical frame buffer, so a refresh might be
necessary between screens, but it would still be useful.

I tried fooling around with adjacentscreens, but couldn't get it to work.
The xnews man page seems to imply it is possible, but isn't clear enough
for me to figure it out.

And how about running sunview on the other screen, or the MIT server with
twm? Any combination of the above would be useful (except sunview on
both...)

	         Laurence R. Brothers (quasar at bellcore.com)
      Bellcore -- Computer Technology Transfer -- Knowledge-Based Systems