Sun SCSI termination

Paul Evan Matz paul%ppgbms at uunet.uu.net
Fri Sep 21 09:57:57 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug22.170552.17671 at com50.c2s.mn.org> chris at com50.c2s.mn.org (Chris Johnson) writes:

>Uh, well now this is completely contrary to my experience with the
>Sparcstation 1/1+.  They both have 125V/2A FUSES on the the TERMPWR
>lead, and provide nominal +5V.  Either that, or my multimeter was lying.

Sorry for broadcasting wrong information.  Chris is right about the SS1 &
1+.  Just went into the lab to checked it out, and it seems his multimeter
is right on.  (Open mouth, insert foot...)

I feel quite silly about this.  The reason I thought this about the SS was
due to checking a VERY old SS1 that we borrowed from our sales office for
evaluation 6 months ago.  I could have botched it when checking TERMPWR,
but I was convinced there was no +5V present.  Anyone out there have a
really old original SS1 who might have noticed this?

Actually I'm quite happy about the outcome of this, since we do use an
external terminator;  Now, at least, we don't have to decide which device
is the one which should be jumpered to source TERMPWR.

Again, let me apologize for the slanderous comments.
|Regards,                           PPG Biomedical Systems          |
|Paul Matz                          One Campus Drive                |
|914-741-4685                       Pleasantville, NY. 10570        |
|{..}!uunet!philabs!ppgbms!paul     ppgbms!paul at philabs.philips.com |