How best to measure performance of a workstation

rabbit at houvmscc.iinus1.ibm.com rabbit at houvmscc.iinus1.ibm.com
Mon Sep 17 02:45:22 AEST 1990

I am at Johnson Space Center in a group involved with the design of the
Space Station Control Center for NASA.  I am trying obtain measurements of
the cpu, memory, and IO used by an application on a Sun workstation.  Each
time I ask about applications to use to get measurements with I get a
different answer.  I also have heard many complaints about the accuracy of
some of the standard Unix commands.

What should I use to measure the load on a workstation?

Bill Kossack, IBM FSD Houston