Repainting a frame and its panels under SunView

Jim McCabe MCCABE%MTUS5.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu
Thu Sep 27 02:34:00 AEST 1990

Is there a way to force SunView to repaint an entire frame and its
subwindows?

I have a frame with three panels inside it.  At times I would like to
repaint the display.  I can repaint the panels easily enough, using the
"panel_paint()" routine.  However, this leaves the panel borders
unpainted, making the panels appear to be one large panel.

I have tried to use the "wmgr_refreshwindow()" routine, passing it the
handle of my frame (type Frame, the value returned by the
"window_create()" routine).  But, whenever I use this lower-level call, my
program always exits with a segmentation fault.

I'm using a SparcStation IPC, and SunView 1.  Any ideas?

-- Jim McCabe <MCCABE at MTUS5.BITNET>