Sun IPC

Joe Smith jms at tardis.tymnet.com
Thu Sep 13 04:06:19 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug13.011523.6370 at rice.edu> david at ics.com writes:
>I just saw the Sun IPC for the first time at Siggraph; it's very nice,
>despite the unfortunate overloaded name choice.

That was not a Sun IPC; it was a SPARCstation IPC.
  Sun IPC = plug-in card with an Intel 80386, it runs MS-DOS inside your Sun.
  SPARCstation IPC = Sun-4/40 = midrange SPARC workstation

Sun has posted a product announcement here stating that you can throw out
all 8 of the standard 1MB SIMMs and insert 12 4MB SIMMs for a total of
48MB.  Details are in Sun-Spots-Digest: Volume 9, Issue 282, message 2,
25-Jul-90.

Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: jms at tardis.tymnet.com or jms at gemini.tymnet.com
BT Tymnet Tech Services | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms
PO Box 49019, MS-C51    | BIX: smithjoe | 12 PDP-10s still running! "POPJ P,"
San Jose, CA 95161-9019 | humorous dislaimer: "My Amiga speaks for me."