RFS between sun and sysv386, help wanted.

Joergen Haegg jh at efd.lth.se
Wed Apr 24 10:00:00 AEST 1991

I'm trying to mount a sysv3.2 386 (ESIX rev D)  on a sun3/280 running
sunos 4.1.0.  Experimentation gave that the portnumber could only be 16,
since I couldn't change this on the 386.

With port 16 I can run rfstart on the 386, but I get warnings:
nero{root}31 rfstart -p oddput.serve
rfstart: Please enter machine password:
rfstart: warning: no entry for this host in domain passwd file on current name s

But rfs starts anyway. The first problem arises when I try 'nsquery'
on the 386. Instead of a list I get:
nero{root}1 nsquery
RESOURCE        ACCESS      SERVER                    DESCRIPTION

nsquery: cannot set up communication with the name server
nsquery: possible cause: heavily loaded RFS activity

Has anyone succeeded doing this or know why I cannot do this?
(rfs do work between two suns)

Please answer via e-mail to jh at efd.lth.se.

Joergen Haegg				jh at efd.lth.se	postmaster at efd.lth.se
System manager @ efd			046-107492
Lund Institute of Technology		E-huset, DDG, Ole R|mers v. 3
					221 00 LUND, Sweden