'add_services' Question [Posting to comp.sys.sun]

amir at taux01.nsc.com amir at taux01.nsc.com
Thu Apr 18 07:14:13 AEST 1991

- I have the two tapes of SunOS 4.1.1 rev. B for Sun4c architecture
  (sparkies).

- From a machine that came pre-installed from Sun I am trying to run
  add_services.  It churns on and on, asks many questions, moves the tape
  here and there, but at the end it quits and says:

    'can not read arch_list' (or something to that effect).

- From dumping add_services I assume it means the file
  /etc/install/arch_list.  The file was there BEFORE running add_services
  and it contains just one line:

     sun4.sun4c.sunos.4.1.1

- What did I do wrong?

Please e-mail to me, using the address below, or post to this newsgroup.

Internet:	amir at taux01.nsc.com
UUCP:		{decwrl,uunet,...}!nsc!taux01!amir
Phone:		+972 52-570713
Fax:		+972 52-570719
Snail-mail:	Amir J. Katz, Silvaco Israel Ltd.
		19 Maskit St., Herzelia, Israel 46733