X11R4 with gcc & SunOS 4.1.1? (need help)

Vincent Fox gt1111a at prism.gatech.edu
Wed Apr 24 10:00:00 AEST 1991

Still having two problems with X under 4.1.1:

1) If compiled with the "UseSunView" option YES, it objects during the
   make install to lines 62&64 in pixrect/cg12_var.h and aborts. No biggie,
   SunView access might be novel, but not required.

2) Getting it to compile with gcc. I got 1.39 and compiled it. The docs
   imply not to use the additional step of 'make includes' to fix deficient
   Sun includes unless you really think you need it. In fact the fixincludes
   script specifically mentions it fixes 3.5.

I followed the docs when building gcc very closely. I uncommented the line
to force compilation of alloc.c during the first pass, then commented it
back out for the second stage.

When I go to compile X under gcc it barfs during building imake.  Should I
set the BOOTSTRAPCFLAGS mentioned, and if so to what?

Much appreciation for the many copies of cg6reg.h that flooded my mailbox.

Vincent Fox (That's Mr. Bucko to you)|"The bear and Carl lived together in the
Georgia Tech, Atlanta GA             |cave for several years until, one day, the
SR-71: gt1111a at prism.gatech.edu      |true savagery of Nature being unleashed,
Pony Express:...!gatech!prism!gt1111a|Carl killed and ate him."    -Gary Larson