SS1 Mono framebuffer on SS2?

John A. Johnston johnj at welchlab.welch.jhu.edu
Mon Apr 29 05:20:00 AEST 1991

I checked with Sun, to see if I could use my older SS1 framebuffer (with
the 9 (?) pin connectors to a SS2.  They said I should try it, and I will
tomorrow night (if the needed persons leave when they should ;-)

Has anyone else done this?  Why you ask?  So we can use a projector for
the system, we know the 9pin will work ok, & want to use the ss2 since it
will really smoke an ss1.  The needed connectors for the newer cables
aren't widely available for the projector, so I'm told.

Thanks.