SunNet Manager usage survey

Don Joslyn rm1!don at uunet.uu.net
Fri Apr 19 01:30:00 AEST 1991

I use snm (SunNet Manager).

I'm interested in how others are using snm.  My specific interests
include:

	* Types of nodes being "managed".
	* What devices you include in your config (do you also include
	  repeaters, terminals and other non-manageable devices?)
	* New icons created to replace the default icons.
	* Interesting raster images used as backgrounds.
	* Link management (or tricks used to manage links).
	* Usage of SNMP to manage nodes, and node type.
	* Management of PC's.
	* Management of DECnet nodes.
	* Which data you find to be the most important to monitor.
	* Usage of data collection, event reporting, and graphing.
	* Usage of color to represent link and node attributes.
	* Any components, views, connections, etc. added by you.
	* Undocumented features of snm.

I will summarize replies in a future posting and add my own reply at that
time.  If you reply and do not want to be included in my summary please
let me know.

Also, is there any interest in starting a mailing list for snm
discussions?  (or does one already exist? :-)

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Don Joslyn
Racal-Milgo, Information Systems
1601 N. Harrison Parkway                     Phone: (305) 846-6415
Sunrise, FL 33323-2899                       UUCP : ...uflorida!novavax!rm1!don