SCSI disk sources

steven at pacific.csl.uiuc.edu steven at pacific.csl.uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 24 10:00:00 AEST 1991

We're in the market for a 1+GB SCSI disk and an Exabyte 8200.  So far we
have quotes on the Fujitsu M2266, the WREN VII, and HP (I don't have the
model number at hand.)  Any notable observations on these or other drives
would be appreciated.   For example, we found the M2263 annoyingly noisy
for a desktop environtment.  I've also heard rumors of compatibility
problems: this subsystem could well end up on a DECstation, a Sparc, or a
Snake.

We are also looking for sources that have good (university) pricing and have
currently talked with NPI(IL), R^2(CO), and Datalink(IL).