Large disk drives(~1gbyte)

Mark Brinich keinstr!keinstr!brinich at uunet.uu.net
Mon Apr 29 05:20:00 AEST 1991

I placed a previous question regarding disk drives on the net, but found
that I needed some other questions answered.  My configuration is:

  1) SPARCstation 1 with an external shoebox with 2 - 327 mbyte drives
  2) SUN OS 4.1(could upgrade to 4.1.1, but would prefer not to for now)

The questions are:

1) Is there a limitation to the size of the drive I can put on with 4.1?
2) Model numbers & manufacturers of SCSI drives that Sun uses in the 1 gig
   range.
3) What are the differences in the SCSI controllers in the SPARC1,
   SPARC1+, and SPARC2?

Thanks in advance.
Mark Brinich
e-mail   uunet!keinstr!brinich