Xlogin on Openwindows?

Andrew Rutherford andrewr at ucs.adelaide.edu.au
Wed Apr 24 10:00:00 AEST 1991

In article <2485 at brchh104.bnr.ca> nuggeha at cs.wisc.edu (Srikanth Nuggehalli) writes:
>Has any of you successfully had Xlogin working with Openwindows 2.0??  I
>am trying to have a LOGIN WINDOW on the console that would automatically
>startup Openwindows upon login.  Specifically, I have been trying to do
>this using xdm from X11R4.  No luck so far.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well, I got xdm working with Openwindows. What follows my .sig is a
tarred, compressed, and uuencoded version of my scripts, etc, that xdm
uses to make this work. xnewsdm is a hard link to xdm - it's so I can have
one running vanilla X and the other running XNeWS and send SIGHUPS to the
appropriate one to restart it's server.

I posted this to alt.sys.sun a while back, but I realise a fair number of
people dont get the alt.* groups. Sorry for the delay in posting here :-(

Andrew Rutherford                        andrewr at ucs.adelaide.edu.au
+61 8 228 5661                  Real Programmers always confuse Christmas and
Room 1069, Adelaide Uni	            Halloween because OCT 31 == DEC 25 !

[[Ed's Note: Placed in Sunspots archives on titan. -bdg]]

FTP:	Hostname : titan.rice.edu (128.42.1.30)
	Directory: sun-source
	Filename : ruth-xdm.tzu
	Filesize : 5673 bytes

Archive Server Address: archive-server at rice.edu
Archive Server Command: send sun-source ruth-xdm.tzu