Connection closed problems.

Karl A. Nyberg karl at grebyn.com
Sat Apr 27 10:00:00 AEST 1991

We're having trouble with a Sun-3/260 running SunOS 4.0.3 with making
remote connections.  Of course, we've made so many changes recently
(adding NNTP, moving the Frame license server, running Ingres, increasing
the number of ptys, rearranging YP stuff, etc.), we're not sure where the
problem arises.  But here are the symptoms (edited):

	junior : 205 : karl : rlogin frodo
	Connection closed.
	junior : 206 : karl : telnet frodo
	Trying  ...
	Connected to frodo....
	Escape character is '^]'.
	SunOS UNIX (frodo)
	Connection closed by foreign host.

This problem occurs from any host on the network.  There is no clear
number of people that can be logged in to cause the problem.  We've looked
at /etc/gettytab, got plenty of ptys in the kernel and /dev.

Also, I can do "rsh" (as in "rsh frodo w", "rsh frodo df") just fine.

Karl A. Nyberg				karl at grebyn.com
Post Office Box 497			Grebyn Corporation
Vienna, VA 22183-0497 USA		+1-703-281-2194