Using Sunview TTY subwindows

System admin dang at newbridge.com
Sat Apr 27 10:00:00 AEST 1991

Maybe someone out there can help me with this Sunview problem. I have an
application which creates a TERM subwindow (TERM is an undocumented
subwindow type I stumbled across in cmdtool.c source, which behaves pretty
much the same as a TTY subwindow).

I start a shell in this subwindow, then send commands to the shell by
calling the Sunview function ttysw_input().  So far so good.

What I would like to do is have my application then capture the output of
the shell commands which are executed in the TERM subwindow. For example,
if I send it the command "foo", I would like to know if it outputs "foo
me?" or "foo you!".

Thanks in advance for your help.
Mark Tooker
Newbridge Networks Corp.  Kanata, Ontario, Canada  K2K 2E6
(613)591-3600