Has anyone been using automount for a while?

Mike Sullivan mbs at cellar.bae.bellcore.com
Thu Apr 18 07:14:13 AEST 1991

Has anyone been using automounter for awhile?  Have you had any problems
with it?

Our network has about 100+ plus workstations and i was considering using
automount more.  I have set up my workstation so that everything is
automounted, even my home directory and X11 windows executables. Before i
start configuring all our workstations like this i want to be sure it is
stable.

i have noticed that if the automount is NOT working, that there is no
recourse but to reboot the machine. this would not be too good.

any comments?

Mike Sullivan                      email: mbs at bae.bellcore.com
Bellcore                           Phone: (908) 699-4856
444 Hoes Lane Room RRC 1C214
Piscataway, NJ 08854