Problem starting remote OW shelltool

Arturo Perez x6739 aperez at caribe.prime.com
Thu Apr 18 07:14:13 AEST 1991

I'm running into problems doing this

rsh ollie "setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/openwindows/lib; setenv OPENWINHOME
	/usr/openwindows; /usr/openwindows/bin/xview/cmdtool -display
        caribe:0.0"

What happens is I get a window with no /bin/csh running in it and this error

	ttysw-TIOCSPGRP: Interrupted system call

If I do a ps aux on the remote machine (ollie, above) I see the shelltool
running fine and the /bin/csh in a TW state.

If I specifically start a /bin/sh I have no problems but I do get a

	ttysw-TIOCSPGRP:: not found

If, within that /bin/sh, I type /bin/csh -i it hangs.

This happens on machines running SunOS 4.1 but not those running 4.0.

Arturo Perez
aperez at cvbnet.prime.com