Setting up an SLC for standalone use.

David Boles apas611 at hermes.chpc.utexas.edu
Mon Apr 29 05:20:00 AEST 1991

I am considering the purchase of a 4/20 FM 8 machine for standalone home
use.  I will also be buying a HD and a tape drive for the unit.  Is there
any requirement on the type of HD that I get?  I am wondering what would
happen if I get the SLC, a 1/4" tape drive (60 or 150 mb), and a SCSI HD
(~300 megs) and then try to install the OS.  Will this work?

Also, SunOS 4.0.3 is much cheaper from Sun than 4.1.1.  What would I not
get if I went with the older OS?

Any and all help/replies are appreciated, thanks !!

David Boles
Applied Research Laboratories
apas611 at hermes.chpc.utexas.edu or
dboles at ccwf.utexas.edu