Sun shared libraries and ANSI C

Mark Rosenthal metasoft!mbr at uunet.uu.net
Wed Apr 17 11:00:00 AEST 1991

I am dealing with a body of code written in ANSI C and I need to set this
up to use generate an executable which will use Sun shared libraries.

The tools I have available to me are the Sun C compiler, loader, etc. and
the GNU C compiler, loader, etc.

So far, the code has been compiled with the GNU C compiler.  As far as I
know, Sun's cc doesn't handle ANSI C.  So what are my options.  Does the
GNU loader handle Sun shared libraries?  If not, can I compile with gcc
and link with Sun's ld?  Does gcc support Sun's idea of PIC code?

Any help would be appreciated.  Any suggestions?

	mbr at metasoft